The years-long restoration of the `Ter Wadding’ estate was completed in 2010. The name `Ter Wadding’ first appears in the town annals as far back as 866. It is derived from the fact that there was a ford, here, over the Rhine (so a ‘wadable’ place). The wooden mermaid in the façade is a reference to this period. ‘Ter Wadding’ house used to go under other names, such as ‘Waddingshoorn’ and ‘Smitslust’. The building is characterized by a Louis XV-style with Rococo influences. In the main frame of the middle ressault (the projecting part of the façade) is the year of construction MDCCLXX (i.e. 1770). In the tympanum, as well as on the entry bridge, is written, in gold leaf, the name ‘Ter Wadding’. For a few exceptional historical pictures/illustrations of Ter Wadding, go here.
The Leiden University Medical Centre (LUMC) and Bronovo opened, on the ground floor, the Cardiology Centre (in Voorschoten), where – for cardiac patients – the diagnosis is done within two hours and the patient’s treatment plan is then drawn up immediately. The 1st and 2nd floors are leased to the MS Research Foundation, which devotes itself to the (financial) fostering of scientific research into multiple sclerosis. In May 2014, Queen Máxima visited the estate and was presented with the first-ever Dutch MS-Atlas.
Groot Leiden/Voorschoten (Leidseweg 557 te Voorschoten)
Subject: possibility to be renting representative office space in ‘Huize Ter Wadding’ (Leidseweg 557, Voorschoten).
Will you be a tenant in the thoughtfully renovated and preserved national monument ‘Ter Wadding’? An office space opportunity like this is very rare.
From mid-September available to rent:
- 588 m² office space on the 2nd and 3rd floor incl. period room (16 m²) on the mezzanine floor.
- 19 parking spots.
Rental price: € 120.000= excl. VAT
- Marketable and modernly decorated office spaces with great respect to the historical value of the national monument.
- Including extra representative gross floor area of monumental space (incl. royal entrance-hall / stairwell / garden / terrace / forest park) on surrounding private property of 11.000 m² (water and greenery).
- Possibility to also rent filing space in the basement.
- Facilities as elevator, alarm, intercom, internet connections, pantry/kitchen, handicap accessibility and –toilet, etc.
- Pleasant working environment for your staff because of the rustic and quiet location in the greenery.
- Strategical position (A4 and A44 highways nearby) towards Amsterdam/Schiphol airport/Rotterdam/The Hague (10km) and next to train station ‘De Vink’.
- The country house dating from 1770 has influences from the ‘Lodewijk XV- and Rococo style and is one of the most recognizable buildings of the area of The Hague and Leiden. From the premises there is a view of the estate and the “Grand Canal”.